query about an isogloss (pos. "anymore")

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed Jun 8 15:41:58 UTC 2005

Larry writes:
>We've discussed the (apparently growing) range of positive "anymore"
>on the list in the past, and it's clear that we're not just in Kansas
>anymore, or even the midwest more generally.
~>~>~>~>
Is it supposed to be a midwesternism?  I was startled by it the first time
I ever heard it after moving to the Pac NW from the midwest.  Admittedly,
most of my experience had been either urban or suburban in NE & IL.
I don't think I've heard it much in the thirty years we've lived up here in
far northern NY.
AM