Charter Schools (1700s? 1998?) and misc.

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jun 11 20:25:16 UTC 2005

_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1000/charter-school_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1000/charter-school)
I'm in the process of adding to this. Surely, "charter school" has changed
since the OED's definition. This is an important education buzzword that much
immediately be revised.
CHARTER SCHOOLS--1,890,000 Google hits
OT MISC.: My Week, or Henry Stern & roaches and no A.C.
I went to work on Friday (yesterday), and it was the normal ten hours of 9
a.m. to 7 p.m. For added pleasure, as usual, there was no air conditioning. And
 no respondent could take it for five minutes, and you're there for TEN
HOURS,  like the piece of crap you always are. And the guy in the next room (less
senior  to me) has air conditioning. And he just changed rooms. And I asked him
why he  changed rooms. And he told me that a roach was crawling on his
keyboard and  another roach had crawled up his leg. And maybe Grant Barrett or Andy
Smith  thinks this is my personality, but you just hadda be there, because it
was all  goddamn unbelievable.
So it was lunch break, and I made that call to Henry Stern to ask him about
that "rubber stamp" quote. He paraphrased it and said that it was in his 1965
city council campaign literature. And then he said, I saw your petitions for
Manhattan Borough President. And I said yeah, and I told him about my
letter-to-the-editor about "bodega" that was in Friday's New York Sun. And then  I
started to tell him the amazing story about Audrey Munson (our Civic Fame),
and how I got plagiarized in an entire book in 1999, and how it was all
displayed in his Parks Department's Arsenal Gallery in March 2000, and how I had
demanded to speak with him then, and how I'm now lobbying for her postage stamp
on the tenth anniversary of her death. And he stopped me before all that and
invited me to lunch.
There's much more, but if anyone is willing to translate my website into
Spanish and Chinese for pay, give me an e-mail. The website got 4,000 hits on
Wednesday and 4,800 hits on Thursday, and I have to thank Grant Barrett very
much and start to pay him (it has been attached to  www.doubletongued.org).