FYI: Encyclopedia of New York State (continued)

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 12 01:42:20 UTC 2005

BIG APPLE + NANCY GROCE--26 Google hits
BIG APPLE + BARRY POPIK--3,470 Google hits
I just read some more of the new Encyclopedia of New York State (May 2005). Audrey Munson (the popular model from Mexico, NY; now listed as one of her county's most famous citizens) is never mentioned. The first citation for "Saratoga potato" is 1885. I gave up reading more.
It's not mentioned that  John J. FitzGerald comes from Saratoga, New York. Nancy Groce never knew that!
The Google hits are incredible. Nancy Groce gets only 26 hits for "Big Apple"--and most of that is from me mentioning her book on New York City songs!
By the way, the general editor of the Encyclopedia of New York State (2005) also was an editor on the Encyclopedia of New York City (1995). Gerald Cohen should be pretty mad as well. We wuz robbed.
(GOOGLE)
The Big Apple: New York will be a nice town when it's finished
A plaque remaining from the Big Apple Night Club at west 135th Street and Seventh
Avenue ... Big Apple Corner at 54th Street and Broadway in Manhattan. ...
www.barrypopik.com/article/206/ new-york-will-be-a-nice-town-when-its-finished - 4k - Cached - Similar pages
The Big Apple: "PENNSYLVANIA 6-5000" (1940)
A plaque remaining from the Big Apple Night Club at west 135th Street and ...
all (as far as I can see) in Nancy Groce?s New York: Songs of the City (1999). ...
www.barrypopik.com/article/354/pennsylvania-6-5000-1940 - 4k - Cached - Similar pages
The Big Apple: "Manhattan" (1925) (not "I'll Take Manhattan")
Big Apple Corner at 54th Street and Broadway in Manhattan. RSS / Atom ... As Nancy