ahold

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon Jun 13 18:21:22 UTC 2005

arnold,

There is at least one more reason (other than saving your valuable
time) why you should stop messing with 'supercede,' as MW tells us:

  Etymology: Middle English superceden

Course, Latin and French have the 's.'

dInIs

PS: This would also please the 'things oughta be like they uster' crowd.

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu