ADS-L Digest - 16 Jun 2005 to 17 Jun 2005 (#2005-169)

Geoffrey S. Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Sat Jun 18 10:26:25 UTC 2005

At 12:00 AM 6/18/2005, Ben wrote:
>Thursday's "Dilbert" strip has Dogbert committing "consult and blabbery":
>
>-----
>http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20050616.html
>"Incentivize the resources to grow their bandwidth to your end-state
>vision. Don't open the kimono until you ping the change agent for a brain
>dump and drill down to your core competencies."
>-----

My work at Wayne is only half-time in Linguistics--the other half of me
works for Computing and Information Technology, where I serve on the
'Leadership Team' as Faculty Advisor and Security Policy Director.  Not
only does the CIO (my boss) talk that way, I actually understand everything
in those two sentences.  This is a frightening thought.

Geoff
Geoffrey S. Nathan
Department of English/Computing and Information Technology
Wayne State University
Detroit, MI, 48202
<geoffnathan at wayne.edu>
Phones:  C&IT (313) 577-1259/English (313) 577-8621