bogeying=boogying

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Sun Jun 19 05:30:46 UTC 2005

Found this 'bogey' today while googling something else:

>Report from the Florida Fiery Foods Show
>After an oyster dinner, I started bogeying on the dance floor with my
>niece Emily
>DeWitt, then with Mary Jane. No one there had ever seen me dance, ...
>www.fiery-foods.com/zine-industry/flashow.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Google hits:    boogying 18,600
                boogieing 7,490

While there are nearly 14,000 google hits for 'bogeying', all that I saw (a
very brief glance) pertain to golf 'bogeys,' rather than the
'boogie'-derived usage here, but at least some other boogie/bogeys  turn up:

>Midnight menu at Right Place
>Today, Chennai conjures images of BPOs, discothèques and party animals
>bogeying
>into the wee hours of the night. The city, indeed, never sleeps! ...
>www.chennaionline.com/hotelsandtours/ Restaurants/2005/03rightplace.asp -
>67k - Jun 17, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
>
>Discover Native America 2001
>... just inches from the drummers, slamming, thrashing, striking the heat taut
>hides, the drums, suspended on wooden pegs, undulating, bogeying,
>shimmying. ...
>www.cgcas.org/dna.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages
>
>Jazz | JazzTimes Magazine > Reviews > Concert Reviews
>Jumping, twirling, dropping to their knees and just plain bogeying, the group
>worked up a sweat that of course led to their abandoning their fancy
>pinstripe ...
>www.jazztimes.com/reviews/ concert_reviews/detail.cfm?article=10318 - 32k
>- Cached - Similar pages
>
>The Blues Audience newsletter
>Sugar Ray & The Bluetones got the crowd out on the floor, dancing, and
>kept them
>bogeying all night long. With "Monster" Mike Welch on guitar, ...
>www.bluesaudience.com/sugarray.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar pages
>
>DwightOzard.com | Lover's Quarrel Article: Dance, White Boy, Dance ...
>Call it what you want-"getting down," "bogeying," "tripping Dick Clark and the
>light-fantastic," whatever-but when James Brown comes on, there is only
>one ...
>www.dwightozard.com/lq-article.asp?id=78 - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
>
>USCG Auxiliary 1SR
>Bogeying on the tarmac.Tom Negri, FC 13-06 starting the twist contest, A
>closer
>view of the castle which captured the hearts of the kids. ...
>www.cgaux1sr.org/photo/d13Blessing/div13Blessing.htm - 11k - Cached -
>Similar pages

Etc.

Not sure if this qualifies for eggcorn status.

Michael McKernan