Soup Sandwich; When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Sun Jun 19 21:10:31 UTC 2005

John Baker writes:

        Robert Heinlein used "When in danger or in doubt . . . Run in
circles, scream and shout" in Time Enough for Love in 1973 and liked it
enough that he used it again in The Cat Who Walks Through Walls in 1985.
I don't know whether it was original with him or not.
 <<<<<

Long before I read Time Enough for Love -- in fact, long before it came out
-- I knew the rhyme as
        If at first you don't succeed
        slash your wrists and watch them bleed.
        When concerned and in great doubt
        wave your arms and run about.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]