recent francophobic slur

Sam Clements SClements at NEO.RR.COM
Mon Jun 20 01:06:54 UTC 2005

From: "Fred Shapiro" <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>

> Wikipedia has a great little article on "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys."
> This is actually, in my view, an outstanding example of Wikipedia at its
> best, writing authoritatively about something that no traditional
> encyclopedia would ever think of having an article about.

One of very few, in my opinion.  Wikipedia still receives my scorn.  They
post articles which the average person take as gospel, even though they're
contributed by well-meaning people who aren't necessarily scholars.  The
scholarship is very deficient in my experience.

Instantly available mis-information is worse than slow moving correct
information.

Sam Clements