"No pork on my fork"

Mon Jun 20 18:02:51 UTC 2005

You can't really use Huntsville as a guide for Alabama or southern
speech.  Remember, this is the city where, when Wernher von Braun was
speaking to a bunch of aerospace executives during the Apollo program in
the 1960's (he had arrived just before the boom -- he caused the boom --
in 1950), "You can tell us Huntsville old-timers by our southern
accents" (spoken with a very correct Prussian accent . . .)