'We' for 'I' in writing

Tue Jun 21 15:25:11 UTC 2005

Larry interprets me as follows:

I at least imagine there's a slight difference, emerging from the
usual function of "from" to indicate source and "for" either goal or,
in this case, benefactive/substitutive (= 'for the sake of').   The
"tell them from me", in other words, is something like 'make it clear
to them that the information comes from me', while "tell them for me"
is either 'tell them in my stead" or 'tell them for my sake' or
whatever, but in any case without the implication that I am (that is,
Mark is) the source of the opinion.
 <<<<<

Spot on!

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]