searchable New Yorker--(request for "La Grande Pomme")

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Fri Jun 24 21:34:50 UTC 2005

If someone already has access to the DVD, I'd be grateful if s/he would search for "La Grande Pomme" in a cartoon ca. 1970-1971.  I remember seeing the cartoon when it appeared, and I later often regretted not photocopying it.
The cartoon was drawn shortly after NYC's sobriquet "The Big Apple" was revived and shows a French mother and daughter arriving by boat in New York, with the Statue of Liberty nearby. The daughter, enraptured, says to her mother (perhaps preceded by "Oh, Maman"): "La Grande Pomme!"

Gerald Cohen