LGBT (1991, 1992); London's "Daily Express" & Big Apple Whores (6-25-05)

Tue Jun 28 19:28:19 UTC 2005

Barry Popik complained:

> LONDON'S DAILY EXPRESS & THE BIG APPLE WHORES
> Can't people in England Google? We have some UK-based ADS-L
> subscribers here. Can you write in to the Daily Express?

Trying to correct the Daily Express is a waste of time. It was once a
fairly good newspaper but since Richard Desmond (the owner of several
"adult" magazines) bought it some years ago it has gone downhill to
become what in US terms would be called a supermarket tabloid.

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words