FYI: "Hot dog" wrong again (6-29-2005)

Thu Jun 30 15:46:38 UTC 2005

> At 3:55 PM -0400 6/29/05, bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>
>> I did this TEN YEARS ago. I have never been credited in a July 4th
>> newspaper article. So, now that Gerald Cohen and lectured on it and
>> published a book, why should this year be any different?

I think the best approach to getting your the word on wieners out to
the world would be to issue your own press release every year about
two weeks before July 4.

Better, you should contact the IFOCE (the International Federation of
Competitive Eating), which runs the Coney Island eating contests (and
many others elsewhere) with a summary of your findings, written in an
inverted pyramid style, that you grant them free permission to use in
any of their press materials, and a copy of the full research book-
thingy. Since the IFOCE is above all a marketing company, I think
they could spread your message quite nicely for you (although it is
probably too late this year).

Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.og