Sammies revisited

Patti J. Kurtz kurtpatt4 at NETSCAPE.NET
Fri Mar 4 15:48:19 UTC 2005

For anyone interested, one of my students here says "sammies" for
"sandwich (and her kids do, too).  She's 37 and lives near Stanley, ND.
Her background is Scots-irish and Norwegian and she's traveled very
little outside of ND.  They especially like "hammie sammies" : )

Just in case anyone's collecting data on who says this and where.

Patti
--

Dr. Patti J. Kurtz

Assistant Professor, English

Director of the Writing Center

Minot State University

Minot, ND 58707

Foster: What about our evidence? They've got to take notice of that.

Straker: Evidence. What's it going to look like when Henderson claims
that we manufactured it, just to get a space clearance program?

Foster: But we are RIGHT!

Straker: Sometimes, Colonel, that's not quite enough.