Dictionaries Online

Paul Frank paulfrank at POST.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Mar 6 19:16:13 UTC 2005

> Oh, my! I wrote that too early in the morning, I guess. Sorry for the
> confusion. I was talking about the OED!!!!
>
> Here is what I meant to say:
>
> But M-W unabridged online is nothing like the OED online. I am fortunate
> in
> that I can get OED online through Duke University, but if I couldn't, I'd
> be
> willing to pay an awful lot for it. The OED online takes unabridged
> dictionaries to a totally new level of usability. There has never been
> anything like it in the history of dictionary making.

Thanks Ron! I have a three-year-old CD-ROM version of the OED. I wonder
if the online version is that much better. I'm a measly freelance
translator with no institutional afiliation, so I'd have to fork out
quite a bit for the OED online.

Paul
Paul Frank
Chinese-English translator