Synonymy avoidance

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Thu Mar 10 16:05:01 UTC 2005

Just saw an online advertisement which read:

>Looks like the geeks can get back to being dorks.

Made me wonder whether or not the geek/dork pair might have the possibility
of evolving into synonymy approaching the level of gorse/furze.

I suppose that at the moment, some might object that geek has a techie
sense which dork lacks (i.e., computer geeks, not computer dorks), but a
good pr firm oughta be able to change all that by strategic blogging, etc.

Michael McKernan