Is there such a phenomenon as "undercorrection/hypocorrection?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Mar 17 03:51:44 UTC 2005

So, I've been vindicated! About thirty years ago, a friend gently
chided me wrt my once-unconscious - till he called it to my attention
- use of the "is is" construction. ;-)

-Wilson