Canadian usage

Mon Mar 21 20:20:05 UTC 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 5:19 AM, David Bowie wrote:

> sci.lang is an unmoderated newsgroup, and is therefore, nearly by
> definition, pretty much a pointless read.
>
> I pop in once in a while in the hopes that it'll be worthwhile, but the
> Esperanto and spelling reform wars drive me away pretty quickly every
> time.

i read very selectively.  i have a kill-file, and also kill entire
threads.  and skim through the rest.  occasionally there's something of
interest.

i'll forward a cute exchange from a week or so ago.

> <snip>
>
> A sci.lang.moderated, OTOH--which i am *not* (nor will i ever)
> volunteering to moderate--could be interesting.

undoubtedly.  who would ever volunteer as moderator, though?  there are
some *seriously* contentious people posting now.

arnold