jargonese (1957)

Barnhart barnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Tue Mar 29 22:17:05 UTC 2005

Edward Clark’s [Kingston College] translation of “peasantry” as “those who
by socio-economic standards are graded as belonging to the stratum of the
community depending on pastroro-agricultural pursuits for a livelihood”
is, in my opinion, first-class jargonese.
Thomas Wright, “Get It Straight,” The Daily Gleaner [Kingston, Jamaica],
March 2, 1957, p 6