"Red hat, no drawers."

Rex W. Stocklin stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Mar 30 05:44:48 UTC 2005

At 11:34 PM -0500 3/29/05, Laurence Horn wrote:

>Well, the google score is 21500-4590 in favor of the "All hat"
>version, but those 4590 big-hatters can't be entirely pooh-poohed.
>
>Larry

Well, this is what I've got to say about the veracity of a Google
search. If you search for, say, "poo-pooed", you'll get a batch of
citations. I turned up 11,900 English pages. Almost to a one the
authors MEANT "pooh-poohed", but in their haste, ignorance or
whatever they got it wrong. No such official word exists, though it
could be an alternate spelling of the child's scatological term for
poop. Either poo-poo, poopoo or poo poo, I dunno. This is not my
field of study.

I GUESS the ultimate arbitration would be how many of those "hatted"
websites for either side were Texan. They would be the one's toward
which I'd lean. ;-)

Rex Stocklin
Fishers, IN