PALOOZA

Rachel Berardinelli rachelb at UNM.EDU
Sun May 1 23:59:59 UTC 2005

One of my assignments for my Linguistics class is to find,
in an advertisement, a word or a phrase that I believe to
have been introduced into the language within the past 10
years. I came across "PALOOZA" in an AOL ad. The sentence
is, "High speed music lover meet your personal palooza".
I've never seen "palooza" stand on its own, only seen it
used as a suffix (like in 'Lalapolooza'), so I thought
that was interesting, and there are no definitions for
it... but what exactly DOES it mean, anyone know? And am I
right in thinking it was recently introduced? I don't
really know, off the top of my head, other words that had
it before Lalapolooza.....

Thanks

Rachel