not "Wilsoning" quite yet

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon May 2 19:22:46 UTC 2005

At 2:40 PM -0400 5/2/05, Alice Faber wrote:
>Bringing this back on topic, in one of my other online communities, this
>process of inadvertently posting a private message to the entire list is
>called "Maddying", after its most prolific practitioner.

I think we should keep track.  Wilson is just playing catchup (or is
it playing ketchup?) with some of us old-timers in this competition.
At some point we can settle on our own X to serve an an eponym for
the practice of Xing.  I do think Wilson gets a little extra credit
for the salutations, which could always serve as a tie-break.

--Larry, who trusts he's just in a tie with a lot of other entrants
in the contest