BULLOCKS - euph/typo/LA pron.? (fwd)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue May 3 18:31:16 UTC 2005

At 10:58 AM -0700 5/3/05, FRITZ JUENGLING wrote:
>Well, the pope does sh** in the woods.

Nice one!  In response to Peter's message, I was misremembering AHD's
etymology, which was actually from _pappekak_ with two p's < pappe
'pap' + kak 'dung', the former Dutch word apparently borrowed from
Latin.  No papists involved.  (The OED has the word, but no etymology
for it, at least in the on-line version.)

Larry