mints pie? axe of God? religious tracks? Prints of Wales?

Sat May 7 18:01:13 UTC 2005

In a message dated 5/7/05 1:37:11 PM, zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU writes:

> On May 7, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Ron Butters wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 5/7/05 12:13:51 PM, zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
> > writes:
> >
> >> http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/
> >
> > A woderful website -- but where is "it is a doggy dog world"
>
> in the works.  i have dozens of items to enter, and Chris Waigl has
> even more.  maybe we can get Ben Zimmer to do this one...
>
> arnold

I searched on Google for "mints pie" and found that John Lennon (?) once used
this spelling for a Christmas pie, but I'm not sure if he was making a pun or
not. I'm interested in any eggcorns that use mints/mince, prints/prince,
acts/axe, tracks/tracts, etc. There are several commerical names that use the
prints/prince puns, but these of course are not eggcorns.