mints pie? axe of God? religious tracks? Prints of Wales?

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Sat May 7 18:24:20 UTC 2005

>On "doggy-dog world", I first heard (yes, heard) this in the mid-80s,
>from an undergraduate student of mine in Florida. The unstressed vowel
>in "doggy" was clearly lengthened, so it wasn't simply a matter of the
>/t/ in "eat" being assimilated to the /d/ in "dog".
>

>--
>Alice Faber
>faber at haskins.yale.edu
>Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
>New Haven, CT 06511 USA                         fax (203) 865-8963

Snoop Dogg, then Snoop Doggy Dogg, had a track simply entitled 'Doggy
Dogg World' on his debut album in 1993. The chorus runs:

It's a crazy mixed up world, it's a Doggy Dogg World
It's a Doggy Dogg World, it's a Doggy Dogg World
The Dogg's World.

The play on his name and the phrase was presumably deliberate.

Jonathon Green