Quotations from 2005

Rex W. Stocklin stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun May 8 03:24:42 UTC 2005

At 12:00 AM -0400 4/25/05, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:

>(cf. the shift from "nuclear magnetic resonance" to "magnetic
>resonance imaging").

As a Chem. E. by education, I KNO that the former is the actual
technology utilized (aka NMR) and as a stroke survivor who has
undergone umpteen scans of the cacophonous procedure, the latter has
always been used as the applied technology vis-a-vis nuclear medicine
(now THERE'S scary nomenclature if every I've heard any), that is the
application of magnetic resonance to the imaging discipline, the
"nuclear" tacitly implied.

Or am I being obvious?

Lexy Rexy
Fishers, IN