(quasi-)neologisms

Mon May 9 20:33:41 UTC 2005

Another usage is the 1977 National Lampoon album "That's Not Funny,
That's Sick".  One track, "Mr. Robert #2", has Christopher Guest (as
Rogers/Roberts) interviewing Bill Murry (as a bass musician).
Roberts:  Can you say Egg McMuffin?
Bass Player:  Egg a muffin.

This quote is from memory, so I may not have it right.  It may have
been:
Roberts:  I like how you say Egg McMuffin.

Either way, Rogers was being far too gentle with the Jazz musician for
the "can you say" to be a put down.

It was one of the funniest things ever committed to vinyl.