"Saddle on a cow" (Stalin?)

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue May 10 04:21:37 UTC 2005

SADDLE ON A COW--178 Google hits, 22 Google Groups hits
9 May 2005, AM-NEW YORK, "What's Putin smoking?" by Alex Storozynski,
pg. 9, col. 1:
Stalin once remarked that imposing communism on Poland is like trying
to put a saddle on a cow. As long it has dictators like Stalin and
Putin (sic), beinging about Democracy in Russia will be like trying to
mount a jockey on a pigeon.
Does Fred Shapiro have the :saddle on a cow" quote?
(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)("saddle on a cow")
Results Per Page:

     Nevada State Journal
Friday, April 29, 1938  Reno,  Nevada

...s sitting jockey-fAshiON in A slock SADDLE ON A COW horse CAl
Coolidge doing..

     The Daily Times News
Wednesday, July 28, 1965  Burlington,  North Carolina

...seen in "BrigAdoON" And return for the SADDLE ON A COW. A prim And
serious..

     The Jefferson Bee
Tuesday, November 25, 1958  Jefferson,  Iowa

...And included A mAil order for A dress. SADDLE ON A COW. ley At PAtON
SAturdAy..

     Tri City Herald
Sunday, March 07, 1965  Pasco,  Washington

...wrONg he sees Wilbur tAll in the SADDLE ON A COW Ch. 4. Ensign
O'Toole..

     The Harlan News Advertiser
Tuesday, February 06, 1951  Harlan,  Iowa

...store teeth, And they fit her like A SADDLE ON A COW." TOO LATE TO
CLASSIFY..

     Tri City Herald
Saturday, August 07, 1965  Pasco,  Washington

...is wrONg; He sees Wilbur tAll in the SADDLE ON A COW. Rerun. Ch. 4.
Hennesey..

     The Daily Times News
Wednesday, February 24, 1965  Burlington,  North Carolina

...set things up for me gAve me i the SADDLE ON A COW. ChAnnel iwWde
orders..
(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
Hatred Rules Out Russo-German Pact
By Herbert Elliston. The Washington Post (1877-1954). Washington, D.C.:
Aug 2, 1953. p. B4 (1 page)

To communize the Germans, as Stalin once said, is like putting a saddle
on a cow.