Buffalo spring rolls

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue May 10 15:35:25 UTC 2005

At 3:42 AM -0400 5/10/05, bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>BUFFALO SPRING ROLLS--29 Google hits, 0 Google Groups hits
>Heartland Brewery serves "Buffalo spring rolls." They contain no
>buffalo, but are essentially a combination of Buffalo chicken wings
>+ spring roll. But before ordering, check the ingredients, anyway.
>They appear to be new, served mostly in NY, Chicago and Las Vegas
>(not Buffalo?).

Exactly two of these clearly contains buffalo, those at the Tempe, AZ
brewery and at La Bodega in...yup, Regina, Saskatchewan.  These both
sound quite tasty, actually.  (Not that the variants involving
semantic transfer are necessarily unappetizing, but I'd opt for the
Tempe rolls if I had to choose.  Getting dangerously close to
lunchtime.)

Larry