Inch/Cinch, Yard/Hard (1947); Lie can go around world... (1854)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 11 16:41:25 UTC 2005

Sam, doesn't your esteemed ancestor, Samuel Langhorne [yes, I realize
that this joke must be worn somewhat thin, by now ;-)] also have a
version of this saying? In fact, before reading this post, I'd been
under the impression that he originated it. IIRC, his version lacks
the "and back."  Unfortunately, I'm away from my books. Otherwise, I'd
just look it up.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray