cold wittles--(why w-?)

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sat May 14 02:21:14 UTC 2005

Reminds me of the time that a professor from what was then
Czechoslovakia interrupted his lecture to ask, "In English, is there a
difference in pronunciation between the 'vippink' in 'vippink crim' and
the 'vippink' in 'vippink villow'?" and there was the Israeli student
who asked, "Is there a difference in pronunciation between the boy's
name 'Jawn' and the girl's name 'Jawn'?"

-Wilson Gray