"Leader DeLay"??? What's up with that?

Dale Coye Dalecoye at AOL.COM
Sat May 14 13:37:49 UTC 2005

Sounds like more and more people want that honorific.   I've heard of
District Attorney Smith, but not Lawyer or Attorney Smith.  But my brother-in-law
just told me that in the school his kids go to in Quakertown Pa (a Friends
School) Their teachers are "Teacher Annie" and "Teacher Beth."    In Germany
everyone loves a title--so if you're Professor Schmitt, then you're wife is Frau
Professor Schmitt. Or the wife of that fellow mentioned earlier would be Frau
Professor Doktor Doktor General Friedrick August Freiherr von der Heydt.
My dissertation adviser didn't want to be addressed as Dr. or as Professor,
but simply as Mr. which always reminds me of George Washington turning down the
stupendous titles they were trying to foist on him, and settling simply for
Mr. President.