wildflowers and weeds (was Re: Eggcorn?)

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Wed May 18 19:04:45 UTC 2005

Peter A. McGraw wrote:
> Oh noooo!!!
>
> So THAT'S what I planted in my garden a couple of years ago, thinking it
> was an attractive little shrub (the foliage is pretty, and it even has a
> pretty blossom).  Last year it unmasked itself as a ground cover, and this
> year I'm realizing I have a battle on my hands like the one I already have
> elsewhere with that creeper that has blossoms like periwinkle but bigger
> leaves and another name (which I can never remember).  I was hoping I could
> at least contain it to this small patch, but this exchange tells me that
> cold-blooded mass murder is probably going to be the only solution.

By the latter, perhaps you mean vinca/myrtle, which I planted a few
years ago in an isolated corner of my yard in the as-yet unrealized hope
that it *would* take over.

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963