"Foodstore" (was Re: Eggcorn?)

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu May 19 19:59:51 UTC 2005

No words beginning in /sr/? How about "shrimp," "shrill,"
Shreveport," etc.... Unless you think millions of speakers of South
Midlands dialects don't speak English. I'll leave it up to you to go
toe some bars i Louisville and tell the patrons that they are not
English speakers. I can supply you with addresses.)

dInIs

PS: If you witte back and say you were only talking about Standrd
English, you will be in even bigger trouble (if that's possible).

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor