One man's meate is another man's poyson 1618

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat May 21 04:22:09 UTC 2005

At 2:21 PM -0700 5/20/05, James Smith wrote:
>Sorry that I can't recall the story, put the punch
>line is "One man's Meade is another man's Persian."
>Sound familiar to any of you?

Well, I'm glad I waited before posting the virtually identical
message.  It's a mot, all right, but I don't remember whose--has at
least the apocryphal flavor of the Algonquin Round Table.  Let's see
what google has...