source of quote "That's the beauty of it. It doesn't DO anything."

Sun May 22 00:00:25 UTC 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 9:16 AM, Michael Adams wrote:

> I can't find my copy of the book to check, but is it perhaps the Water
> Rat with the Mole on the latter's first encounter with the River in
> "The Wind and the Willows"?

"the beauty of it" on a google search-inside:

1.
on Page 132:
"... long space, spellbound. `Now it passes on and I begin to lose
it,' he said presently . `O, Mole! the beauty of it! The merry bubble
and joy, the thin, clear, happy call of the distant piping! Such
music I never ..."
2.
on Page 138:
"... suddenly from a beautiful dream, who struggles to recall it, and
can recapture nothing but a dim sense of the beauty of it, the
beauty! Till that, too, fades away in its turn, and the dreamer
bitterly accepts the hard, cold ..."

no results for "What does it do?", however.

arnold