**spamTrapper 02.76** Standing, Stopping and Parking in the US

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 23 23:38:38 UTC 2005

I remember the "Littering" sign too but less vividly. Can't recall a third, though..

JL

"Peter A. McGraw" <pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Peter A. McGraw"

Subject: Re: **spamTrapper 02.76** Standing, Stopping and Parking in the
US

There was more than one of the "Don't even think of parking here" signs. A
companion in the series was: LITTERING IS FILTHY AND SELFISH SO DON'T DO
IT. I think there was a third one, but I can't remember it. They were
there at least as late as 1989.

Peter

--On Monday, May 23, 2005 4:36 PM -0400 Laurence Horn