Standing, Stopping and Parking in the US

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 24 19:34:50 UTC 2005

Sigh! I've failed to make myself clear yet. again. I should have said
that NO THROUGH STREET meant "DEAD END" in the City of St. Louis,
ca.1940-60, when I was growing up there. The term DEAD END was not
used. I learned the term through reading the comics.

In "The Lou," if you were in a strange neighborhood and drove down a
dead-end street in error, at the end of that street there would be a
yellow, diamond-shaped sign with the words, NO THROUGH STREET, and
you'd have to turn around and drive back the same way you came. If
there was a way off that street, even though it left you in the same
neighborhood, there was no signage. I haven't lived there since 1962.
So, I have no clue as to current traffic signage or how it's
interpreted.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray