Daily Candy's Fake Words of the Day (Defamer.com)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu May 26 11:15:06 UTC 2005

Didn't I say they were fake? Or just bad?
_http://www.defamer.com/_ (http://www.defamer.com/)

_DailyCandy’s Fake Words Of The Day_
(http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/culture/index.php#dailycandys-fake-words-of-the-day-104915)
Filed under _Culture_ (http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/culture/index.php)
DailyCandy pauses from its usual mission of apprising the public of the best
poodle-friendly boutique offering an edible pedicure while shopping for
twice-worn couture to deliver its occasional “Lexicon” feature, in which the
Candies pass along fake words (fauxlogisms, if we may be so bold) that  _no one
has ever uttered_ (http://dailycandy.com/article.jsp?ArticleId=23205&city=2) :

hybris
n. Excessive pride based solely on  one’s hybrid car.
Mulholland jive
n. 1. A party way up  in the hills. 2. The drive home following such a  party.
sky-barred
n. The condition of being excluded  from evening planning for having
suggested the Sunset Boulevard staple one too  many times.
Usage: Roll up a two-dollar bill, blow a line of your best powdered Drano,
then silently roll each word in your mouth, pausing to note the chemical
oblivion working its way through your sinuses. Don’t worry, you don’t have to  put
the words in a sentence; your powers of speech have been mercifully
paralyzed.

    *   _DailyCandy  Lexicon XII _
(http://dailycandy.com/article.jsp?ArticleId=23205&city=2) [DailyCandy]
    *   Previously: _DailyCandy’s  Words Of The Day_
(http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/culture/dailycandys-words-of-the-day-025559.php)  [Defamer]