source of quote "That's the beauty of it. It doesn't DO anything."

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Thu May 26 14:21:58 UTC 2005

        It is mysterious, isn't it?  It sounds so familiar, yet nobody can place it.  The same question has been asked on some web sites, with similar lack of results.  Some people have suggested that it was recently made up.  Here's a quote from the 5/6/2001 Peoria Journal Star that shows the meme has been around at least since then:

        <<Sue Ellen Cooper, of Fullerton, Calif., who is dubbed "Exalted Supreme Queen Mother of the Red Hat Society," explained the dynamics of the organization like this: "We're not an organization," she said. "We're a disorganization, and that's the beauty of it, you see. We don't DO anything.">>

John Baker