Re:       Re: Origin of word "redskin"

Mon May 30 05:43:18 UTC 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 9:58 PM, Ron Butters wrote:

> ... (as Dr. Nunberg put it in the article that Arnold
> Zwicky recommended to us)

what i gave was a simple pointer:

"geoff nunberg, who testified in the Redskins case, discusses
deford's claim at..."

i neither recommended nor disparaged.  if i cannot give pointers to
other people's opinions without being taken to endorse everything
they say, then i'll just stop suggesting stuff.  [vernacular
translation: fuck you.]

(of course, when i give pointers to my *own* things, i am
recommending them, as least for the moment.)

but undoubtedly the best course for me is to withdraw from these
discussions, unless i'm willing to argue extensively for one position
or another.

arnold