NOAD discount for scholars

Tue May 31 15:05:48 UTC 2005

This is being posted to the list on behalf of my employer.

Grant

Dear Colleagues,

I hope that you will excuse this semi-commercial message ...

Oxford University Press, in order to encourage the use of the Oxford
American Dictionaries among the scholarly language community in the
United States, is offering a special discount to members of the
American Dialect Society.

Our flagship American English dictionary, the New Oxford American
Dictionary, now in a new second edition, has garnered excellent
reviews, especially for its revolutionary core sense/subsense
arrangement of definitions. We feel that its coverage of American
(and World) English is unparalleled, not only in terms of headword
selection, but also for pronunciations, usage notes, and through the
use of real-word citations from Oxford's databank of more than 200
million words of English.

We also think that feedback from language scholars and dedicated
amateurs can only help us to improve our books, and we hope that you
will take advantage of this discount to add NOAD2 to your library.

The URL for the discount is http://www.oup.com/us/noadscholars. The
dictionary, normally $60, is only $45 (and you can also get a copy of
Weird and Wonderful Words for only $5, as a bonus).

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about the
dictionary and this offer--I hope you take us up on it. Please accept
my apologies for duplicate messages you may see on on other language
mailing lists.

Yours,

Erin

Erin McKean