"Bigger than (the) both of us" (1949)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue May 31 15:38:01 UTC 2005

Probably too late for ALL ABOUT EVE (1950). Some movie in 1949?
_Repetition  Is Fundamental to Music Art; Repetition Is Fundamental to Music
Art _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=494539082&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117552543&clientId=65882)
Seymour Raven. Chicago Daily  Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Oct 30,
1949. p. H1 (2  pages)
Pg. H3:
For as they say in plays of a certain type, this thing is bigger than both
of us.
_Some  Little Notes On Art of Acting_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=1&did=225854992&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&T
S=1117552759&clientId=65882)
By John Crosby.  The Washington Post (1877-1954). Washington, D.C.: Aug  23,
1950. p. B11 (1 page)
"This is bigger than I am, Mary. It's bigger than both of us."
_TOWER  TICKER_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=2&did=492711252&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117552981&clientId=
65882)
Savage. Chicago Daily  Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Oct 12, 1950. p.
22 (1 page)
>From  a bootlegged shooting script we've culled "Mankiewiczisms," little bits
of  dialog coming low and inside from behind the scenes.
(...)
On dramatists: "All playwrights should be dead 300 years."
(...)
Yet our deepest sympathy would go to Kate Smith, who would have no other
recourse butto torch: "Let's Not Fight It--It's Bigger Than Both of Us."
_'The  Milkman' Stars Comics_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=3&did=421575441&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=111755
3454&clientId=65882)
Los Angeles Times (1886-Current  File). Los Angeles, Calif.: Nov 17, 1950. p.
A11 (1 page)
Four new tunes..."It's Bigger Than Both of Us,"...are sung by Durante and
O'Connor in the film.
_Domestic  Trials of Atom Bomb Pilot Portayed in 'Above and Beyond' at
Mayfair_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=84388086&SrchMode=1&sid=2&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117552956&clientId=65882)
By BOSLEY CROWTHER. New York Times  (1857-Current file). New York, N.Y.: Jan
31, 1953. p. 10 (1 page)
This is one of those situations in which all the husband would have to
explain is "this thing is bigger than the both of us" (or words to that effect),
and the air would be cleared.