Jints = Giants (Cuban 1889, NY 1908)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 4 21:35:51 UTC 2005

FWIW, in St. Louis, a "giant," i.e a "jint-rhymes-with-pint," is or
was, among black kids, a kind of super-strong playground swing, with a
2X8 wooden plank as the seat and with a suspension consisting of
six-inch linked steel rods, instead of the usual one-inch plank seat
and chain-link suspension.

-Wilson

--
-Wilson Gray