gravitas numbers

Tue Nov 8 14:45:12 UTC 2005

--- Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG> wrote:

> ...multiple quotations of a single usage of
> the word, multiple
> iterations of the same wire stories in different
> publications, or
> discussions of the word itself?

But even these are indicators that the word is being
"used" more often, that John and Jane Doe are more
likely to be aware of and more likely to use the word.

To eliminate articles (or broadcasts) that discuss the
word itself, is there a way to indicate occurance per
article?  If a search engine such as Factiva or
LexisNexis could flag articles where the word appeared
more than once (or twice), those could be checked for
misleading repetition.  This is hypothetical; I am not
familiar with the search engines being described in
this discussion.