defense = verb

Mon Nov 14 22:39:41 UTC 2005

Nope, my apology.  Your response was fine.  I was making a weak joke
("offensed" rather than offended), and I was referring to the original
quote by the football player, not your follow-up comment.

This was further confused by the fact that my email server held an email
I had written early last week, and didn't release it for several days.

Again, nothing you said was wrong, or taken as wrong, in any way, and
there's no need for you to apologize.

Bill