Eggcorn?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 24 03:05:32 UTC 2005

The phrase was heard on the Maury Povich Show. A guest stated that she
didn't know whether she should buy into her boyfriend's line - "I love you
so much that I want you to have my baby" - lest she _be putting all [her]
eggs in the wrong basket_. She may have been punning on the fact that, as a
woman, she literally does have eggs, but, in the words of Homey the Clown,
"I don't think so."

-Wilson