attibution of a quote/exchange

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Oct 7 11:01:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Sam Clements wrote:

> I'm sure this is Fred Shapiro territory, but, hey, we ain't proud over
> there.  We'll take any help we can get.

Miss Ferber, who was fond of wearing tailored suits, showed up at the
[Algonquin] Round Table one afternoon sporting a new suit similar to one
No<uml>el Coward was wearing. "You look almost like a man," Coward said as
he greeted her. "So," Miss Ferber replied, "do you."
        reported in Robert E. Drennan, The Algonquin Wits (1968)

Fred Shapiro