American abbreviations

Sat Oct 8 01:21:38 UTC 2005

That would seem to be difficult to support for Japanese, a language filled
with abbreviations.

It seems to me that an abbreviation in this context would have to be counted
as a word whose full form is known to the person knowing the abbreviated
form, so that for many speakers of English and Japanese, scuba is NOT an
abbreviation but PC (for personal computer) is.

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us