"jazz mag"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Tue Oct 11 00:37:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:34:08PM -0400, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> 1997 _Roger's Profanisaurus_ 15/1 _Jazz mag,_ a printed volume of
> pornographic material; a journal of gentleman's interest.

(There are many contextual examples too, of which my favorite is

2000 R. TOPPING _Kevin & Perry go Large_ ii. 8 The thought of
actually being seen acquiring a jazz mag was too horrifying to
contemplate. Everyone in the world knew what they were
for. You might as well just stand in the middle of Trafalgar
Square with your trousers round your ankles and a stiffy in
your hand.

)

Jesse Sheidlower
OED